Progressive Web Application development: drive your business
The development of regular mobile applications and websites can be labor-intensive, time-consuming, and expensive for businesses. As a solid alternative, there is a faster-to-develop solution that brings the same or more value and is much cost-efficient. Here, we will talk about Progressive Web Application (PWA), which guarantees to bring consumers closer and “tie” to your goods and services.
In the article, you will find out a concept definition of PWA, its distinctive features that differ from classic mobile apps and websites. What’s more, statistics, reasons, and results for PWA creation will be discussed to shed light on the best profitable solution for your business. Let’s go!
- Why do mobile users matter in today’s realities?
- A concept definition of Progressive Web Application (PWA).
- PWA vs native apps vs websites. The comparison.
- How does the company benefit from PWA?
- When does the business need the PWA?
- FreySoft expertise in PWA development.
Why do mobile users matter in today’s realities?
Not a surprise, the mobile device has become an integral part of our daily life. Around the world, portable digital mechanisms, including smartphones and tablets, are indispensable tools for getting information, running the business, maintaining communication and entertainment. To deep dive into actual facts, let’s observe the recent researches surrounding mobile users’ and Internet consumption.
- Research by Statista has shown that in order to access the Internet, more than 90 percent of the world’s Internet population has used mobile devices in 2020.
- According to the Digital report 2021, mobile users have grown by 1.8 percent (that is 93 million) since January 2020, while the total number of mobile connections has increased by 0.9 percent (72 million) to reach a total of around 8 billion at the start of 2021.
- Ericsson, Mobility Report surrounding smartphone analytics predict a 25% growth in mobile traffic by 2025. Much of this traffic will come from increased video and streaming on mobile.
- According to survey reports of Juniper Research, mobile-commerce payments will rise to $3.1 trillion in 2025, from $2.1 trillion in 2020.
Reasonably, the boom in mobile traffic is hard not to notice. From Google to telecommunications companies and statistical platforms, the researchers give us the “shouting” facts about the primacy of traffic from mobile devices. In turn, we can’t deny that the attention of a mobile audience is the dream of a business and a marketer.
A concept definition of Progressive Web Application (PWA)
It’s being a while and tough decision for a particular business to prioritize the demand for a web or mob app development. Such battle is not more actual today. The classic website can now interact with visitors like a mobile app, even without an Internet connection. Fiction? No, just a PWA!
Basic PWA components:
- Web application manifest.
This is a configuration file (.Json), which is used for changing the PWA settings and its appearance for the user. In other words, it provides native functionality such as the app configuration (name, colors, logos, etc.) and allows users to add it to their home screens.
- Service Workers technology.
This component runs in the background of a website in a browser. It provides downloads of cached resources for work in offline mode, and can also be configured for push notifications, etc.
- Application shell architecture.
All in all, PWA has proved to help solve problems such as slow internet speeds, slow website load times, and interactivity. This is a solid reason to use PWAs to increase conversion and engage the mobile audience, which as we found out earlier in the article is annually increasing.
PWA vs websites vs native mob apps. The comparison.
To better understand the differences between a classic website, native app, and PWA, let’s observe the below spreadsheet.
|Features||Responsive website||Native app||Progressive Web Application|
|Installation on the home screen||–||+||+|
|No download through app stores||+||–||+|
|Indexed by search engines||+||–||+|
|Have UI for mobile devices||–||+||+|
|Have URL (can be linked and shared)||+||–||+|
As an illustrative example, look below at the PWA product that our FreySoft team has created.
As we see, PWA obtains a combination of the capabilities of a responsive website and a native mobile application. Integrating PWA technology not only interferes with your site but provides additional features to it. That is, offline work, push notifications, quick installation in the user’s home page, cross-platform availability, and much more.
Further, it allows you to create a user experience very similar to the mobile app UX. The last but not least, PWA development is significantly cheaper and faster than mobile application development.
How does the company benefit from Progressive Web App (PWA)?
The main reasons for introducing technology into your business are:
- User engagement
Sending push notifications to the user that keeps him informed of what is happening in your company (even with offline connectivity).
One PWA works on different operating systems and user’s devices, regardless it is desktop, mobile, tablet, or any other.
- Work offline
Your business will not lose conversion since the user can keep browsing even without an internet connection.
- Increased productivity
Thanks to efficient caching, PWA runs much faster than regular mobile apps – which has a huge impact on business sales and user retention.
Unlike regular apps, you spend lower costs for technology implementation (fewer developers, time-release, and no store fees).
- Mobile app-like UI
Since PWA is built on the app shell model, it feels like an app to users with app-style interaction and navigation.
- Rank in SEO
PWA is indexed and improves SEO performance. If a PWA is connected, then your site will have higher positions in the search results.
Working over HTTPS protocol prevents data interception and ensures the material has not been tampered with.
- Easy deployment
There is no need for app stores and long waiting for installation. PWA allows your users to “save” them on the home screen in one click.
- Automatically refresh
Unlike regular apps, your users of PWA won’t even notice when the update happens, only its latest result.
When does the business need the PWA?
PWA development is best suited for companies whose services clients use frequently or at a certain frequency, for example, once a month. In this case, PWA benefits industry-specific businesses, in particular, e-commerce, financial services, insurance, media, and informational portals, which:
- want to improve the UX for mobile users;
- reach the target audience and sufficiently increase conversions;
- increase average purchase order by up-selling products using push notifications;
- simplify the search for a business since access to the company is in one click on the screen;
- build brand awareness as the icon (logo) of the company is always visible to the user;
- have a limited budget or insufficient resources to create a separate native application for a particular project.
FreySoft expertise in PWA development
FreySoft offers PWA development services, taking into account the peculiarities of your business and its need. With us, you quickly enhance the mobile presence and grow website traffic within a reasonable budget.
Over the years, we have developed PWAs that are secure, fast-loading, along with keeping the company’s visitors engaged, and improving brand visibility via cross-platform presence. To know more, get acquainted with our successfully implemented PWAs projects and the business results.