The language is ranked first in terms of the number of pull requests (the GitHub resource calculated data in Q2, 2021).
- Support by all popular browsers; full integration with page layout (HTML + CSS) and server side (backend).
- When it comes to front-end development, JS allows programmers to create all kinds of interactive elements and dynamic web pages.
- Includes Object Oriented Programming (OOP). That is a concept in which you not only define a data type and its structure, but also a set of functions applying to it.
- Comparatively easy syntax and usage of a single-threaded loop model that removes most of the programming complexity.
- JS is dynamically developing, and a vast information system is openly available, including libraries, frameworks, training materials.
- Lack of debugging that prevents developers from identifying the problem.
- Easy-assess for malicious purposes and compromise security on the client-side since users can see the code.
- Weakly typed, which makes the code relatively obscure.
- Requires testing in different browsers before publishing, because it will not execute the same in every browser.
You might also be interested in:
- simplifies and speeds up both initial development and future maintenance of the code;
- increases the expressiveness of the code;
- easy and fast to learn (the training takes you a couple of days to get involved);
- convenient support from WebStorm (there are also plugins for other IDEs).
The disadvantages of CoffeeScript include the need for compilation, a limited set of functions, and a few specialists who write in it.
- Supports static typing.
- Reduces the number of unit tests.
- Supports interfaces, classes, subclasses, and ECMAScript 6 or ES6.
- Comparatively easy to master its syntax.
- Provides better code navigation and readability.
We can expect the same trend to continue in 2021-2022, as Microsoft keeps expanding the capabilities of TypeScript. Plus, more and more companies take advantage of web applications in this language. Would like to get benefits of TypeScript as well? Leave your contact information, and we assist you in your journey.
- The absence of runtime exceptions and a limited type system (thanks to this, there are no problems with invalid data types).
- The compiler, which produces detailed error messages and options for fixing them.
- Automatic execution of semantic versioning.
- The code is easy to write.
The Kotlin, developed by the company JetBrains, is a statically typed programming language. In 2017, it has become the official development language for Android. Such companies as Uber, Netflix, Pinterest, Coursera already work with Kotlin. Probably, in the near future, Kotlin will become even more widely used for both web and desktop applications.
The key pros are:
- The ability to use any Java framework in a Kotlin program.
- Integration with build systems such as Maven and Gradle.
- The ability to change the functionality of existing classes without class inheritance, that, as a result, improves the readability of the code.
- The syntax is concise and convenient.
- A wide scope of its usage.
Developers use Kotlin for the next processes:
- web applications (both the server-side and the interface);
- mobile applications for Android and iOS, including cross-platform;
- desktop applications;
- programs for processing big data.
Its significant benefits are:
- providing easy access to Java frameworks with optional type hints and type inference;
- the support of immutable data structures, making it easier to manage side effects;.
- available meta-programming techniques (code can be treated as data);
- ability to interact with the running program and immediately see the result of the execution of individual functions, instead of recompiling and starting it after making each change.
- Expressive syntax (getters and setters, string interpolation, pattern matching, simplified array comprehension syntax).
- Optimization (inline methods, dead code elimination, static analyzer, code optimization).
- Powerful type system (classes, interfaces, generic, dynamic, algebraic, abstract types).
- Standard, cross-platform library and access to native functionality of all supported platforms.
- The presence of external classes that allows you to use the native libraries of the target platform, use untyped code, cross Haxe with the target platform code.
Features of Emscripten:
- An excellent porting tool that allows you to compile existing projects written in C or C ++ and run them in all modern browsers.
- Great for APIs as it converts OpenGL to WebGL and allows you to use familiar APIs like SDL or HTML5 directly.
- function composition
- pattern matching
- improved readability
- expressive code that is free from repetitive patterns.
Facebook supported the project from the very beginning. The company even translated half of its Messenger app to ReasonML.
Its main benefits include:
- Pattern matching for complex case handling
- Built-in functional programming
- Ability to gradually introduce the language into an existing application
- Robust type safety and top-notch inference
- Compiles to native code
Key features of Dart are:
- Suitable for creating both small scripts with a loose structure and large highly scalable modular projects.
- Implicit typing. It is up to the developer to decide whether to use static types. But we should remember that specifying types makes it easier to debug the application and identify errors, and makes the code more understandable and readable.
- Availability of a ready-made set of tools for developing applications. Especially, we can outline the tools for dynamic development, as well as code postponing with on-the-fly correction (in other words, edit-and-continue).
- The ability to define interfaces and classes that allow you to reuse existing data and methods, and to perform encapsulation.
- Support ready-made libraries and as the possibility to create your own. You can connect third-party function implementations as shared libraries to your web application.
The problem is that most businesses choose technologies for subjective reasons, or because something is trendy or used by the competitors. However, to select a technology objectively, based on facts, you need to consult with experts in this niche.
FreySoft +11 years of experience in development in several languages give us an opportunity to arrange the projects in the best possible way and with minimal resources for you. We first get to understand the specifics of the client’s project, analyze the goals and methods of development, and, after, offer suitable options for implementation.
- Software app development
- Progressive web applications and native apps
- MVP development for startups
- DevOps & Maintenance
- Software integration
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
- RPA implementation
- UI/ UX design
Our developers are open to suggestions and fresh ideas, embracing the challenges you present. Get in touch with us!
– A well-developed infrastructure with a wide variety of frameworks and libraries.
– No need for installation on the user’s computer. Scripts are executed directly in the browser when the page is loaded.
– Unnecessary for JS to be compiled on the client-side, which gives it speed advantages.
– Work with other languages and can be used in a wide variety of applications.
– There is no data typing. Until the execution of the code reaches the desired line, you will not know if it works. And in terms of execution speed, typed code is faster.
– JS does not support remote access. Therefore, is not applicable for network applications.